Sunday, August 29, 2010

Welcome to my blog!
















This was the beginning of my quilting journey. One winter in the late 1940's both of my great-grandmothers came from Missouri to Oklahoma to spend the winter with my paternal grandparents. The two of them pieced Dresden Plates,by hand, from fabric scraps. Many years later, my mother hand-stitched each plate to a muslin square. She made a few extra plates because they had pieced only enough for three twin sized quilts. My sister and I each completed a twin sized quilt and my sister also completed a king sized quilt for my parents. I completed mine in 1999. It is hand quilted.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent work, Mom! Love that you have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a great start. I'll be watching you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, this is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am the super sister that made the king-sized quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not so sure I ever actually saw that quilt...

    ReplyDelete